The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the mixed-use development at 1549 N Fremont Street in the Near North Side. Located just south of the intersection with W North Avenue, the currently vacant lot is surrounded by the multi-story Toyota dealership on its two non-street facing sides. Pitched by the previous developer as an Aloft Hotel, the new team from City Pads Chicago is working with local firm NORR Architects on the low-rise building for the 145- by 184-foot site.
The developer behind “Cadence,” a new apartment building at 2050 W Ogden Avenue in Illinois Medical District, has released new interior photos showcasing both the residences and common areas. Developed and managed by East Lake Management, Cadence stands 236 feet tall within the Illinois Medical District, offering 161 apartments, ideal for students and medical professionals as it sits just a short walk away from Rush University Medical Center and is close to the UIC campus and Fulton Market.
Full permits have been issued for a new residential development at 5354 N Sheridan Road in Edgewater. The corner lot, located at the intersection of N Sheridan Road and W Balmoral Avenue, is currently home to the Wing Hoe Restaurant. Tempus Properties is spearheading this latest addition to the neighborhood.
Related Midwest has commenced pre-leasing for The Row Fulton Market, a 300-unit, 43-story mixed-use skyscraper at 164 N Peoria Street in West Loop’s Fulton Market district. The leasing center, located at 950 W Fulton Street, is open for appointments, offering potential residents a glimpse of the diverse floor plans, finishes, views, and amenities that await when the building opens its doors in June.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved two residential developments at 1405 and 1410 E 65th Place in Woodlawn. Located west of the intersection with S Blackstone Avenue near Mount Carmel High School, the two multi-unit buildings will sit across from each other replacing a pair of vacant lots in the process. Developer DOM Acquisitions LLC is working with a local architect who had to revise the previous plan in order for both structures to have a similar design language.