Steel beams are approaching what will eventually be the roofline for a new two-story commercial building at 801 W Belmont Avenue in Lakeview East. Developed by Hubbard Street Group, the project will be replacing a former brick edifice originally designed by Ivar Viehe-Naess and completed in 1921.The replacing project will house 59,000 square feet of commercial or retail usage and will come with 300 feet of new store frontage.
Construction topped out for a planned commercial addition at 732 W Randolph Street at the eastern end of Fulton Market District. This nine-story structure is being developed by Samuel Oliva, whose initiative expands on an existing commercial center known as “Randolph Office Center.” The existing buildings in this assemblage include an adjacent six-story office and retail building, as well as a 12-story building directly to the east, housing condominiums with flex commercial space.
Foundation work is beginning to rise for a two-story commercial building at 801 W Belmont Avenue in Lakeview East. Developed by Hubbard Street Group, the project is replacing a masonry bank and surface parking lot on the block bound by Belmont Avenue, Clark Street, and Halsted Street. This former bank at 3179 N Clark Street was originally designed by Ivar Viehe-Naess and built in 1921. Demolition was completed in late 2021.
Construction has reached the fourth level for a nine-story commercial addition at 732 W Randolph Street in Fulton Market District. The developer, Samuel Olivia, plans for the structure to connect with two other buildings just to the east.
A demolition permit was issued on Wednesday for a two-story frame multi-unit residence along with a detached frame garage located at 1457 W Roscoe Street in the Roscoe Village neighborhood. The site will be replaced by mixed-use development at 1754 W Addison Street in Roscoe Village planned by architecture firm Hirsch MPG.