Construction has reached the fourth level for a nine-story commercial addition at 732 W Randolph Street in Fulton Market District. The developer, Samuel Olivia, plans for the structure to connect with two other buildings just to the east.
A demolition permit was issued on Wednesday for a two-story frame multi-unit residence along with a detached frame garage located at 1457 W Roscoe Street in the Roscoe Village neighborhood. The site will be replaced by mixed-use development at 1754 W Addison Street in Roscoe Village planned by architecture firm Hirsch MPG.
Remaining facade touches are now underway for a boutique residential building at 1118 W Patterson Avenue in Lake View’s Wrigleyville neighborhood. The new construction project is situated at the border between residential and commercial zones, and will replace a former pair of masonry low-rise buildings.
With foundation work now underway, construction has begun for a nine-story commercial addition at 732 W Randolph Street in Fulton Market District. Developer Acosta Ezgur plans for the structure to connect with two other buildings just to the east, the adjacent structure at 730 W Randolph Street is a landmarked six-story building with office and retail, and the other is a 12-story building with condominiums and flexible commercial space. Combined, this assemblage has been marketed as “Randolph Office Center.”
Initial foundation work can be seen for the newly kicked-off 801 W Belmont Avenue, a two-story commercial development in Lake View East. Planned by Hubbard Street Group, the 59,000-square-foot structure will replace a former masonry bank and surface parking lot, and will provide nearly 300 feet of new frontage along Belmont Avenue.