Initial plans have been approved for a new program to revitalize the retail scene along LaSalle Street in The Loop. Riding the wave from the recently announced bids for the city’s LaSalle Street Reimagined initiative, the new program looks to address the vast amount of vacant retail and commercial spaces fronting the once-packed street. Introduced by Mayor Lori Lightfoot, the program will tap into local TIF’s and serve the same area bound by W Washington Street to the north and W Van Buren Street to the south.
A groundbreaking ceremony has been held for the affordable mixed-use development at 6300 S Maryland Avenue in Woodlawn. Located on the southeast corner with S Maryland Avenue, the proposal is the first project being built under the Woodlawn Housing Preservation Ordinance which was approved in mid 2020. Dubbed Park Station, developer DL3 Realty, who is behind other projects in Woodlawn and Englewood has partnered with local firm FitzGerald Associates on the structure’s design.
Work on a new outdoor patio is taking shape at 817 W Lake Street in Fulton Market. Developed by Sancerre Realty, the permanent dining and bar area will accompany the adjacent BLVD Steakhouse directly to the east.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a mixed-use development at 1047 N Rush Street in the Near North Side. Located just south of the intersection with E Cedar Street, the new project will add some density to the quickly changing block that will see nearly every building replaced or remodeled in the coming years including the home of Carmine’s next door. The team at LFI Development is behind the proposal along with Booth Hansen serving as the architects.
New details have been revealed for the groundbreaking of the mixed-use development at 1245 W Fulton Market Street in the West Loop. Located on the intersection with N Elizabeth Street, the new structure replaces a group of empty lots and snakes around an existing art gallery that will remain. West Loop stalwarts Sterling Bay have teamed up with Colorado-based Ascentris, the same team as 160 N Morgan Street, to co-develop the property being designed by local firm Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture.