With structural work now filled, out the Bennett Day School at 955 W Grand Avenue in West Town is expanding its existing 50,000 square foot facility to nearly double its size. This independent PreK-12 school, now serving around 320 students, plans to increase its capacity to 600.
With demolition now complete and a full permit issued this past September, the planned commercial building at 1323 S Ashland Avenue in Near West Side is currently awaiting foundation work to begin. The property, developed by 4S Bay Partners, was previously occupied by the St. Stephenson Missionary Baptist Church. Designed by BauerLatoza Studio, the replacing building features a modern metal and glass exterior with distinct, color-varied cylindrical sections.
Updated plans for the mixed-use development at 3950 N Damen Avenue and 3959 N Lincoln Avenue in North Center. Located on the six-corner intersection with W Irving Park Road, the two-building proposal will replace a parking lot and drive-thru bank west of Damen and redevelop the existing bank structure on Lincoln. Developers CRG and Ravine Park Partners are working with local architecture firm Lamar Johnson Collaborative on the new design.
Further details have been revealed for the mixed-use development at 700 W Chicago Avenue in River West. The large project sits to the east of the intersection with N Halsted Street and will replace part of the Chicago Tribune facility, directly across the street from the upcoming permanent casino. The proposal is being led by Canadian-based developer Onni Group who is working with Goettsch Partners on its design.
Construction is quickly advancing for the Chicago Fire Football Club’s new 30-acre training facility at 1434 S Loomis Street in the Near West Side. Designed by Crawford Architects, this 30-acre project will revitalize a mostly unused part of Addams/Medill Park, a site where four CHA complexes once stood until 2007.