Updated plans have been revealed for a residential development at 3710 N Kenmore Avenue in Wrigleyville. Located just north of the intersection with W Waveland Avenue behind some of the famed Wrigley Rooftops, the new construction will replace an existing two-story house in the popular area. Local developer Aaron Friedman, who owns multiple properties nearby, is behind the project. At the moment an architect has not been revealed.
Articles by Ian Achong
A new permit was issued for the construction of a residential development at 1920 N Howe Street in Lincoln Park. Located just south of the intersection with W Armitage Avenue, the site is within walking distance to Oz Park and Steppenwolf Theater as well as plenty of shopping and dining. The property is being developed by a private owner with McCormack Sean Baccus serving as the architect on record.
New funding has been secured for the expansion of the Simpson Querrey Biomedical Research Center at 303 E Superior Street in Streeterville. Located just east of the intersection with N Fairbanks Court, the current structure operated by Northwestern University is sandwiched between two medical office high-rises near their downtown hospital. The university, which recently announced a redesign of Ryan Field in Evanston, is now moving forward with its second phase which is expected to use the same team as phase one including global firm Perkins & Will along with engineering firm Thornton Tomasetti.
New permits have been approved for a mixed-use development at 1948 N Halsted Street in Ranch Triangle. Located just south of the intersection with W Armitage Avenue, adjacent to Summer House Santa Monica, the new structure will replace a one-story commercial building and its adjoining parking lot. Developer Mike Krueger introduced the proposal last year which is designed by local firm SPACE Architects + Planners.
The Chicago Committee on Design has reviewed updated plans for the Discovery Partners Institute (DPI) within The 78 mega-development near the South Loop. It will be located on the southwestern edge of the massive site on the future extension of W 15th Street and the new Wells-Wentworth connector when all is completed. Since it is a public project, it is being led by the Illinois Capital Development Board along with Related Midwest and various educational institutions, who are working with architecture firms OMA and Jacobs on the new structure.