The Chicago Plan Commission has approved updated plans for the residential development at 1805 N Hamlin Avenue in Logan Square. Located right off of the westernmost edge of the 606 trail, the new project replaces a one-story masonry-clad industrial building at the nexus of Logan Square, Humboldt Park, and Hermosa. Dubbed Encuentro Square, developer Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) is working with Canopy Architecture and Site Design Group on the project, which has received some edits from the last time YIMBY reported on the design.
Articles by Ian Achong
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a new industrial development at 1237 W Division Street in West Town. The proposal replaces a currently empty lot and parking lot that once housed a Peoples Gas facility on the corner of N Elston Avenue, bound by the Metra UP-N and NW tracks to the west. The project is being led by developers LPC Division I with Ware Malcomb serving as the architect for the modern design in the quickly changing area.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the mixed-use development at 170 N Green Street in Fulton Market. The updated design for the two tower proposal on the site that, until recently housed the Bridgford Foods plant, was presented to the commission in this month’s meeting. The project is being developed by Clayco’s CRG division and local developer Shapack Partners. The team is working with Lamar Johnson Collaborative on the modern design of the upcoming high-rise and recently received approval for their Humboldt Park project.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a new commercial facility at 1132 W Blackhawk Street on Goose Island. Located on the northernmost end of the island, the new building will be replacing an existing parking lot west of the intersection with N Cherry Avenue. The project will be for the Mars-Wrigley Corporation, one of the largest confectionery manufacturers in the world, as they commit to growing their presence in the Chicago region after the closure of one of their suburban plants. The new research and development hub will become the company’s largest at their global headquarters.
The Chicago Department of Planning and Development has approved a new commercial building at 4100 W Ann Lurie Place in Archer Heights. Located near the intersection with S Keeler Avenue, the new structure will add on to the existing two-story facility operated by the Greater Chicago Food Depository and redevelop the empty lot to the west of it. The project has been in development since before 2019 by the depository and aims to increase the output amid increasing demand for their services.