The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the residential redevelopment at 6121 S Hermitage Avenue in West Englewood. Located on the corner with W 61st Street and bound by S Paulina Street to the east, the project will rehab the former Charles Earle Elementary School which was closed in 2013. Now developers Gorman & Company LLC and Phoenix Recovery Support Systems are working with local firm Beehyyve on the design for the property.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the mixed-use development at 6206 S Racine Avenue in West Englewood. Located on the intersection with W 62nd Street, the proposal is a redevelopment of a vacant school building which housed Woods Elementary that closed in 2013. Now a development team called ‘Go Green’ made up of Gorman & Company LLC, the Inner-City Muslim Action Network, Resident Association of Greater Englewood, Team Englewood, and E.G. Woode is leading the charge with Nia Architects on the design.
A new one-story retail building is now cleared for construction at 7100 S Ashland Avenue in West Englewood, replacing a building that was destroyed by fire. The project, located at the corner of Ashland & 71st, is expected to cost $300,000 according to the recently issued permit. The occupying owner is filed under Abas Achmad, while the architect of record is Nick Scarlatis & Associates.
Demolition permits have been issued for a two-story masonry building located at 1511 W 59th Street in West Englewood. First Allegiance is the owner behind the multi-unit residential edifice, although plans for the site currently remain unknown. The zoning designation of B3-1 would allow for larger retail storefronts and a maximum height of 38 feet. B3-1’s floor area ratio is 1.2, which permits any structure’s floor area to be 1.2 times the area of the total property.
Emergency demolition permits have been issued for a two-story masonry building near the northern edge of West Englewood.