Demolition permits have been issued for a two-story masonry building located at 1511 W 59th Street in West Englewood. First Allegiance is the owner behind the multi-unit residential edifice, although plans for the site currently remain unknown. The zoning designation of B3-1 would allow for larger retail storefronts and a maximum height of 38 feet. B3-1’s floor area ratio is 1.2, which permits any structure’s floor area to be 1.2 times the area of the total property.
Bus access for Route 59 can be found close by to the property, with east and westbound stops at 59th & Laflin to the east. Additional service for 9 and X9 are also available nearby, with north and southbound stops a three-minute walk west to Ashland & 59th.
Nearest service for the CTA L’s Green Line, meanwhile, is located via Ashland/63rd station, a 13-minute walk south.
A variety of parks can be found within the area, including but not limited to the 4.3-acre Hermitage Park, the 17.6-acre Lindblom (Robert) Park, and larger parks like Sherman Park and Ogden Park, each 60 acres.
MBR Wrecking & Construction is serving as the demolition contractor. A previous permit for mechanical upgrades was issued for the existing building in February, though no other permits have been issued or filed for the address.