With construction now complete, the 11-story residential building known as Evo Union Park has officially opened at 1454 W Randolph Street in West Loop. Developer Marquette Companies has planned 242 total apartment units, whose layout sizes range from convertibles up through two-bedroom residences.
It’s been nearly eight months since YIMBY’s last update on the five-building residential development known as West Loop Collection, located at 216-236 S Green Street along the edge of Greektown. With three of the six-story buildings already completed, the fourth has now reached its full height with much of the facade work now complete. POGN Development has planned for a total of 40 condominium units, divided equally into eight units per building. Layouts for these residences range from three bedrooms up to five bedrooms, and fall between $1 million for a single-level “simplex” and up to $2 million for a duplex penthouse.
The Chicago Community Development Commission has approved the funding for an extensive renovation of the Barbara Jean Wright Apartments located at 1354 S Morgan Street in the Near West Side. The existing development is bound by W Maxwell Street to the north, S Morgan Street to the east, and W 14th Place to the south, along with two other housing projects to the west. Developer Jonathan Rose Companies is heading the effort who has managed over $1.8 billion in properties and recently broke into the Chicago market.
Plans have been revealed for a residential development at 3431 N Ashland Avenue in Lake View. Located on part of a long parcel bound by W Cornelia Avenue to the north and the CTA Brown Line tracks to the south, the new structure will replace part of the old Loyola Press building which will be fully demolished after housing the company for 97 years. Developer 3443 N Ashland LLC is working with Studio Dwell Architects on the design of the multi-part project.
The Chicago City Council has approved an affordable mixed-use development at 3401 W Ogden Avenue in North Lawndale. Located on the southwest corner with S Homan Avenue, the new building replaces an existing flat parking lot used by the nearby police station. Dubbed ‘Grace Manor’ the project is the product of a developer venture between East Lake Management and Jerusalem CDC with local architecture firm JGMA as the designer.