The Chicago Zoning Board of Appeals has approved exemptions for a new residential development at 605 N Ashland Avenue in West Town. Located on a rectangular lot bound by W Ohio Street to the south and a public alley to the north, the new building will replace an existing three-story masonry structure with a rear garage and small pool. Developer Lux Living 4U, LLC tapped local firm Hanna Architects on the modern design.
Initial renderings have been revealed for a new mixed-use development at 1200 W Fulton Street in the West Loop. Located on the corner with N Racine Avenue, replacing a parking lot and three existing one-story industrial buildings, the new complex would deliver three structures designed by Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture with Morris Adjmi Architects consulting on the project. Developer Fulton Street Companies is partnering with Waterton, a local landlord company, and Harrison Street Real Estate Capital among others.
The Chicago Zoning Board of Appeals has approved a mixed-use development at 812 W Adams Street in Greektown. Located on the corner with S Halsted Street, the lot is currently occupied by a one-story structure that once held the Greek staples of Santorini and Pegasus restaurants and a small parking lot. Developer Luxe Suites Chicago LLC has teamed up with local design firm Axios Architects on the project that required two approvals from the board.
The Chicago City Council has approved the rezoning of a mixed-used development at 201 S Kedzie Avenue in East Garfield Park. The project dubbed ‘Garfield Green’ recently received its Plan Commission approval and will be located across two empty lots on the corner with S Fifth Avenue and split into two phases. Developer Preservation of Affordable Housing worked with Perkins + Will as well as Nia Architects on the design which takes height cues from the adjacent Marshall Metro High School.
The Chicago Department of Planning and Development has recently approved the site plan for a new residential development at 1323 S Wood Street in the Illinois Medical District. Located on the northeast corner with W Hastings Street, the project replaces a vacant lot at the southern edge of the larger district. Although no developer was listed, the building’s design comes from local firm Pappageorge Haymes and its site plan approval indicates it will not have to seek a Plan Commission approval.