Demolition permits have been issued for a two-story masonry mixed-use building, located at Avondale‘s 3407 W Belmont Avenue. So Holdings LLC is the listed owner, whose plans for the site are not yet known. However, the lot is currently zoned for C1-1 Neighborhood Commercial District, which allows for retail storefronts and apartments on the above floors. C1-1 allows for a maximum height of 38 feet and a floor area ratio (FAR) of 1.2. A FAR of 1.2 permits any new development to have up to 20 percent more square footage than the area of the lot itself.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a mixed-use development for Westhaven Park Phase IID in the Near West Side. Located at 1959 W Lake Street, the project site fronts N Damen Avenue spanning from W Lake Street to W Maypole Avenue. The property is located adjacent to the CTA Green Line tracks where a new Damen station is expected. Brinshore Development and The Michaels Organization are the developers behind the proposal.
Work is wrapping up on the townhome facades at Alcove Wicker Park, a 55-unit residential development situated at 1648 W Division Street in Wicker Park, just west of Polish Triangle. Planned by Vermillion Development, the 12 connected townhomes will follow the first-phase completion of a seven-story, 43-unit condominium tower. Both buildings are oriented around a central courtyard and nestled in the center of a triangular block formed by Division and Milwaukee.
Construction permits have been issued for a three-story residential building set for 1710 S Jefferson Street in the East Pilsen neighborhood. Planned by Padriak Buckley, the building will include two total units, a basement, a private roof deck, and a detached two-car garage with a separate roof deck. The new construction is set to replace a currently vacant grass lot.
Construction is wrapping up for a mixed-income residential project known as Elm 551 at Parkside, located at 551 W Elm Street in Near North Side. Holsten Real Estate Development Corporation is behind the project, whose plans include a seven-story mid-rise and a pair of low-rise walk-up buildings. The site was previously occupied by a vacant grass lot that once formed part of the now demolished Cabrini Green homes. The undertaking is the latest phase of a larger development scheme known as Parkside of Old Town.