Rezoning has been approved by the Chicago City Council for a new mixed-use development at 2913 W Belmont Avenue in Avondale. Replacing a single-story home, the lot is near the intersection of W Belmont Avenue and N Francisco Avenue and is being privately developed. The existing home is popular with neighbors with its deep setbacks creating the rare front yard in the city that frames the ivy-covered three-flat next door.
Extended funding for the redevelopment of the remaining parcels of the former Cabrini-Green homes has been approved by the Community Development Commission in Near North Side. The first of the two separate vacant parcels just west of downtown, sits north on the corner of N Larrabee Street and N Clybourn Avenue, replacing the recently demolished Near North Career High School. The second parcel just south of the first sits on the northeast corner of W Division Street and N Halstead Street next to a Target that was developed on former housing property as well.
Construction is now complete for a seven-story residential building known as 1400 Monroe, located at 1400 W Monroe Street near the southwest corner of West Loop. The developer, JK Equities, has provided a total of 42 condominium units, ranging from two- to four-bedroom layouts. While the majority of the units are now sold, the remaining eight units are three-bedroom residences, ranging from 1,668 square feet to 1,958 square feet, and beginning at $1 million.
Plans for a new residential development have been unveiled for community feedback at 4555 N Dover Street in Uptown. Led by developers Ayman Khalil and Kareem Musawwir, the two-building project is the second attempt to develop a site currently occupied by a one-story glazed tile building which houses a local restaurant. Buying the lot earlier this year for $2 million, the team tapped local firm Axios Architects to design the project that will require special exemptions to be built from the city.
New plans for a fully affordable residential development at 1805 N Hamlin Avenue in Logan Square have been presented to the Committee on Design. Being developed by the Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) and partially designed by Canopy Architecture with the Site Design Group, the new complex replaces an industrial lot being remediated by the city. The site, bought by the city in 2019 and donated to the developer, is bound by N Hamlin Avenue to the west, W Cortland Street to the north, and N Ridgeway Avenue to the east.