Both core and structural work continue to rise at 354 N Union Avenue in Fulton River District, where Onni Development Group has planned a 33-story residential tower. This 410-foot-tall edifice will yield 373 total rental units, with offerings ranging from 400-square-foot studios up to 1,600-square-foot three-bedroom units.
The Evanston City Council has approved a new mixed-use development at 1012 Chicago Avenue in Evanston. Developer MCZ Development partnered up with local design firm 2R/Z Architecture on the building that will be replacing a car dealership on what was once known as Evanston’s motor row. The Transit Oriented Development (TOD) is bound by Chicago Avenue to the east and rail tracks to the west with various transit options at the doorstep of future residents.
Details for a new residential development have been revealed to residents of the first ward at 1416 N Maplewood Avenue in Humboldt Park. Owner and developer Slate Development purchased the home for $415,000 in May of this year and is partnering with design firm IR Design to demolish the existing house and build a new structure in its place. Located near the corner of N Maplewood Avenue and W Hirsch Street, the new building will add to the rapid development of the changing neighborhood.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the rehabilitation of the Ludlow Typograph Building at 2032 N Clybourn Avenue in Lincoln Park. Sitting on the corner of N Clybourn Avenue and N Magnolia Avenue, the historical manufacturing building will see new life as a mixed-use development by Annexation LLC with designers GREC Architects. The structure and its two acres of land were recently bought from the previous owners for $15 million and sits adjacent to the Lincoln Yards mega-development.
Developer Lexington Homes reveals plans for a new residential development at 1225 W School Street in Lake View. The local company bought the land that once held the Craftsman Plating & Tinning office and plant from a previous developer whose similar plans were cancelled earlier this year. Dubbed the ‘Lakeview Collection’, the plot of land fronts both W School Street to the north and W Melrose Street to the south with its longest side facing a public alley to the west.