Exterior construction has completed for Trammell Crow Company’s 400 N Aberdeen, a new 16-story development by Trammell Crow Company, situated just north of the Fulton Market District in West Town. This mixed-use project serves as the second phase to the developer’s Fulton Labs campus, whose first installment was the 14-story “West End on Fulton” at 1375 W Fulton Market Street. This latest addition to the expanding campus is primarily made up of offices with built in lab spaces, meant to gear towards biotechnology and life science companies. Other programming includes ground-level retail, a large open lobby, a 175-car parking garage, and a suite of office amenities.
Articles by Jack Crawford
Quickly rising in the Illinois Medical District is the 22-story mixed-use high rise at 513 S Damen Avenue. Developer Marquette Companies has planned for 1,000 square feet of retail, above which will be 279 rental apartments. These dwellings will be laid out as studios, junior one-bedrooms, one-bedrooms, and two-bedrooms.
A nine-story mixed-use development, known as Platform 4611, can be seen approaching full height at 4611 N Broadway in Uptown. Co-developed by John Buck Company and Free Market Ventures, this 103-foot project stands at the intersection of Broadway & Wilson. Planned programming includes 12,000 square feet of first-floor retail, split into units between 1,628 and 2,178 square feet. Atop this mercantile component will be 200 for-rent apartment dwellings, ranging from single-bedroom up to three-bedroom residences.
The 43-story mixed-use tower at 900 Randolph Street, on track to be West Loop’s second skyscraper, has now surpassed the fifth floor. Under development by Related Midwest, this 495-foot-tall edifice will house a combination of ground-level retail and a total of 300 apartment units.
Construction is drawing to a close for a four-story residential building at 4937 N Winthrop Avenue in Uptown. Variable Properties LLC is the project developer, whose plans consist of seven total condominium units. Prior to this development, the parcel was occupied by a three-story masonry residence.