Demolition permits have been issued for a three-story masonry building located at 2038 W 18th Street in Lower West Side‘s Heart of Chicago. While it is unclear what the owner PKD Pilsen Enterprises plans to have replace the mixed-use structure, the site’s zoning designation of C1-2 Neighborhood Commercial District would allow for retail at ground level with apartments above. C1-2 also permits a floor area ratio of 2.2, by which any new construction could have the square footage up to 2.2 times that of the site itself.
Articles by Jack Crawford
Foundation work has begun for a 15-story office tower located at 609 W Randolph Street in West Loop Gate. Planned by Vista Property Group, the 211-foot-tall building will offer 1,770 square feet of retail at ground level, with offices and amenity space on the above floors. The main tower is set to replace a former surface parking lot, while integrating an existing four-story masonry building at 601 West Randolph Street.
Construction permits have been issued for a three-story residential building located at 1913 W 19th Street in Lower West Side‘s Heart of Chicago neighborhood. The filing owner Luxehome Renovations has planned three total units, a basement, a three-story rear porch with stairs, and a detached three-car garage with a rooftop deck. The pair of structures will replace an existing 1.5-story residential frame building with a masonry floor located below grade.
Construction has reached the third floor of a six-story mixed-use building located at 1123 W Randolph Street in West Loop. Interra Realty is the developer behind the project, with plans to include retail space on the first two floors, and nine apartments on the four above floors. Atop the sixth floor will also be an 740-square-foot amenity rooftop deck for residents.
Construction permits have been issued for a two-story mixed-use building at 4245 S Wells Street in Fuller Park. The filing owner, listed as Chicago Title Land Trust, plans retail space on the ground floor, with one residential unit above. The new structure is set to replace a currently vacant lot, that was re-designated from B3-1 (Community Shopping District) to Cl-1 (Neighborhood Commercial District) in 2013.