The University of Illinois Chicago’s new Computer Design Research and Learning Center continues to make significant progress, with its steel frame now at full height. Located at 900 W Taylor Street at the southern end of the main campus in Little Italy, the five-story addition will be adjacent to the existing Science and Engineering Labs building.
Articles by Jack Crawford
Renovation permits have been issued for the addition of a new floor to an existing greenhouse and support building at 10636 S Woodlawn Avenue in Pullman. The 48,600-square-foot one-story addition will be constructed alongside the existing 100,000-square-foot structure, creating even further capacity for their leafy green production.
The first demolition permit has now been issued for a major new mixed-use development at 1200 W Fulton Street in Fulton Market. The development will replace a parking lot and three existing one-story industrial buildings with three structures, delivering 1.5 million square feet of space designed by Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture. The developer, Fulton Street Companies, is partnering with Waterton, a local landlord company, and Harrison Street Real Estate Capital.
Construction has now broken ground on 4300 W Roosevelt Road, one of the Invest South/West RFP winners. Developed by 548 Development and Related Midwest, the North Lawndale site spans 21 acres and is bounded by Roosevelt Road, and Kostner, Kildare, and Fifth Avenues.
Construction is now filling out for the first floor of The Saint Grand, a new 22-story mixed-use development at 535 N St Clair Street in Streeterville. Mavrek Development, GW Properties, Luxury Living, and Double Eagle Development have formed a joint partnership to develop the new structure, which will rise 238 feet. The building will feature 248 apartment units atop 45,000 square feet of commercial office space and 7,500 square feet of retail.