This week, a construction permit received approval for a new six-unit residential building located at 4040 S Indiana Avenue in Bronzeville. The property is currently occupied by a vacant lot, residing just north of the intersection of Indiana & 41st Street. The filing is listed under the owner Immobilaire Western LLC, and did not indicate the planned number of floors.
Articles by Jack Crawford
Photos show the ongoing renovation and restoration work at the six-story former Temptation Chocolates Building, located at 1929 S Halsted Street in the Pilsen neighborhood. The 1920’s-era building is clad in a white terra cotta facade in the neo-gothic style.
Structural work has reached the fifth floor for an eight-story mixed-use project known as Inspire West Town, developed by Bond Companies. Located at 1140 W Erie Street in West Town, the project’s scope involves ground-floor retail, 113 apartment units, and various amenities. Six of the 113 units will be affordable, while another 17 off-site affordable units will be subsidized by the developer.
Final touches are drawing closer toward completion for the second phase of an adaptive reuse project known as Mural Park. The developers Condor Partners, Transwestern, and Chicago Development Partners are converting two four-story masonry warehouses to commercial and office space, while adding a new park space in between. The second phase of this project is the southern of the two buildings, located at 920 W Cullerton Street. Last year, it was announced that the parent company of Blue Cross Blue Shield would lease the entirety of this second building.
A permit was issued this week for a four-story residential building, located at 1765 W Rosehill Drive in Edgewater. The developer, Candea Development, has planned 13 total units, an elevator, a basement level, a bike room, and an attached garage with 13 total parking spaces. This garage wing will also be topped by a rooftop terrace. The new construction will be replacing a previously vacant lot.