Facade work is advancing toward completion at The Foglia Residences at Chicago Lighthouse, a nine-story mixed-use development located at 1134 S Wood Street in the Illinois Medical District. Replacing a former parking lot, the development is a collaboration between Brinshore Development and The Chicago Lighthouse, an organization focused on providing affordable housing primarily for the visually impaired and veterans.
Articles by Jack Crawford
Fortec, a Miami-based real estate development company, has recently acquired a site in Barrington, Illinois, formerly home to the Barrington School District headquarters. The property, purchased for $695,000, encompasses a 1.49-acre plot with a 12,413-square-foot building located at 310 E James Street. This building, which served as the district’s headquarters from the 1970s until 2019, is slated for redevelopment.
In West Town, the development of a four-story, Class A logistics facility at 1237 W Division Street is advancing, with the facade nearing completion. The 1.2 million-square-foot project, developed by Logistics Property Company and designed by Ware Malcomb, occupies a site that was formerly an empty lot and a Peoples Gas facility.
Three of the existing walls of the historic Second Church of Christ Scientist in Lincoln Park are now being prepared for integration into a new six-story mixed-use structure at 2700 N Pine Grove Avenue. This project, a collaboration between Ogden Partners and Booth Hansen, aims to preserve a portion of the original Beaux-Arts facade designed by Solon S. Beman.
Foundation work has commenced on a new five-story residential building at 438 W St. James Place in Lincoln Park. Developed by St. James Interest LLC, the project will house four condominium units, each with four bedrooms. Originally planned as a 10-story structure, the design was scaled back in response to community feedback and the limitations posed by the 33-foot-wide site.