A permit has been issued for a one-story manufacturing facility at 616 S Maplewood Avenue in Tri-Taylor. The listed occupying owner, Edward J Ivy Descendants Trust, has planned for additional storage and office space. The site is currently occupied by a large grass plot.
Articles by Jack Crawford
Glass and metal installation is now wrapping up for the 21-story 920 N Wells Street in Near North Side. Developed by JDL as part of the massive North Union megadevelopment, this primarily residential mixed-use building is the first step in what will be a $1.3 billion master plan covering several blocks of land previously owned by the Moody Bible Institute.
A construction permit has been granted for a new residential development located at 456 E Oakwood Boulevard in Bronzeville. The project will feature a three-story masonry building with three residential units, designed to replace the previous structure on the site. The listed owner of the project is Anna Forkan.
Little Italy is witnessing the transformation of a historic site as construction commences at the former National Italian-American Sports Hall of Fame location. Real estate investor and hotelier Jonathan Gordon has planned to turn the existing structure at 1431 W Taylor Street into a 35-room hotel with 11,000 square feet retail space on the first floor.
A renovation permit has been granted for a new renovation at 37 S Wabash Avenue in The Loop. The project, owned by the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC), will feature a makeover of its fifth-floor library.