Construction is progressing rapidly for a 26-story mixed-use building at 1400 W Randolph Street. Planned by Marquette Companies, the West Loop tower is located at the intersection of Randolph & Ogden, and will provide both ground-floor retail and 278 apartment units. Resident amenities include a pool, a fitness center, a dog park, and various outdoor deck spaces.
Permits have been issued for a single-story commercial building located at 6541 S Cicero Avenue in Clearing. The filing owner Guy Hollis of the company Hollis of Palos LLC, has planned for a restaurant to replace a currently vacant lot.
Redevelopment work is underway for a masonry commercial building at 910 W Randolph Street in the Fulton Market District, paving the way for a new two-story restaurant venue. Recently filed sign permits show that the restaurant will be Velvet Taco’s third Chicago location.
Construction permits have been issued for a single-story car wash facility at 4259 S Wells Street in Fuller Park. The owner is Chicago Title Land Trust, whose new commercial development lies on a plot of land that was re-zoned in 2013 from B3-1 Community Shopping Zoning District to Cl-1 Neighborhood Commercial Zoning District. YIMBY covered a planned two-story mixed-used building last week that also resides on the re-designated area.
Final exterior touches are wrapping up at 167 N Green Street, a 17-story mixed-use development located in West Loop‘s Fulton Market neighborhood. Co-developed by Focus and Shapack Partners, the 290-foot structure will house a mix of office space, tenant amenities, and a retail portion in its base. This retail portion is one of the most notable features within the building, whose 30,000 square feet of mercantile space lining a ground-level corridor known as “The Mews”. This corridor also contains access to the office lobby and open space for temporary “pop-up” retail.