Construction on the six-story mixed-use building at 1002 S Racine Avenue in Little Italy has reached the third floor. This new construction is a collaboration between Related Midwest and the Chicago Housing Authority, part of the Roosevelt Square Phase 3B plan. This phase encompasses three mixed-income apartment buildings and the new National Museum of Public Housing.
Articles by Jack Crawford
Construction is nearly complete at 1431 W Taylor Street in Little Italy. Led by real estate investor and hotelier Jonathan Gordon, the existing structure has been converted into a 35-room hotel with retail space on the ground floor.
The Dylan, a 30-story mixed-use development at 160 North Morgan Street in Fulton Market, has completed construction and is now welcoming its first residents. The 350-foot high rise, a collaboration between Sterling Bay and Ascentris, offers a total of 282 rental apartments atop 2,657 square feet of ground-level retail.
Facade work has wrapped up for 801 W Belmont Avenue, known as Lakeview Connection, in Lakeview East. The project will replace a former bank built in 1921 and designed by Ivar Viehe-Naess, as well as an adjacent parking lot. The developer, Hubbard Street Group, has planned for 59,000 square feet of space and 300 feet of storefront. The CBRE-provided brochure for the property indicates seven total retail units.
Renovation work is progressing for 10 and 120 S Riverside Plaza, two adjacent office buildings located along the west bank of the Chicago River in West Loop Gate. These two 21-story structures encompass a total of 1.4 million square feet and offer 37,000-square-foot floor plates. With both buildings originally designed by SOM, 10 S Riverside Plaza was constructed in 1965, while 120 S Riverside Plaza was completed in 1967.