Exterior work has completed for a new six-story mixed-use building residing at 61 W Erie Street in River North. Having been planned by LG Development Group, the scope of the project involves ground-level retail and 28 condominium units above.
Articles by Jack Crawford
Structural pieces for the new air traffic control tower are undergoing installation at Chicago O’Hare’s new $1.2 billion Terminal 5 expansion.
This week, Chicago YIMBY stopped by the Tribune Tower Residences, the newly open condominium conversion at Tribune Tower. The 34-story, 462-foot-tall former publishing headquarters is situated at prominently at 435 N Michigan Avenue along Magnificent Mile.
Work has completed for the second phase of the Steppenwolf Theater campus expansion in Lincoln Park. This new theater-in-the-round is now open for performances, with 50,000 total square feet of space and seating for 400 patrons. The building at 1646 N Halsted Street, designed by Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture, also comes with a two-story atrium and lobby, a wine bar and lounge area, as well as a costume shop.
Replacement roofing can now be seen taking place atop the main shed at West Town’s former Morton Salt Warehouse. This replacement serves as the first key step in a larger adaptive re-use project, which will transform the former facility into a new entertainment and office venue. Located at 1357 N Elston Avenue, the factory was originally completed in 1930, where it long served as the central production and manufacturing hub for the salt company. In 2017, R2 Companies purchased the aging complex from Morton Salt, while partnering with Blue Star Star Properties and Skydeck (a subsidiary of The Michael Polsky Family Office in Chicago) in the process.