Next on our list of Chicago’s Tallest Countdown is Rush University Medical Center’s new 10-story cancer and neurosciences building at 1520 W Harrison Street in the northwest corner of Little Italy. Known as the Joan and Paul Rubschlager Building following a significant gift from the namesake couple, the nearly completed facility stands 179 feet to its architectural pinnacle. Despite this height, planning documents indicate that a future expansion could bring the final height to 205 feet. The structure connects directly to the clover-shaped Rush University main building, with a 150-foot skybridge connecting the two edifices over Ashland Avenue.
joan and paul Rubschlager Building
Structural bridge pieces have now been lifted into place across the seven-lane span of Ashland Avenue, connecting Rush University Medical Center‘s main building to the new Joan and Paul Rubschlager Building. This 10-story structure at 1520 W Harrison Street will serve as a new cancer and neuroscience building for the Rush University medical campus, with programming for diagnostic imaging, radiation therapy, infusion therapy, and integrated medicine.
Extensive work can be seen for the Skybridge component of Rush University Medical Center‘s Joan and Paul Rubschlager Building. This new 10-story cancer and neuroscience building that has topped in Little Italy, adjacently east of the Illinois Medical District at 1520 W Harrison Street.
Cladding is well underway for Rush University Medical Center’s new 10-story cancer and neuroscience center at 850 W Jackson Boulevard. The project is named after Joan and Paul Rubschlager, whose donation not only helped fund its construction, but is also the largest in the institution’s history.
Work on the exterior wall is currently progressing at the Joan and Paul Rubschlager Building, a new 10-story cancer and neurosciences center planned for the Rush University medical complex. The project’s namesake honors the largest philanthropic gift in the hospital’s history from Joan and Paul Rubschlager, helping to fund the $450 million development.