A combination of glass, metal, and brick can be seen enveloping a new 12-story mixed-use development known as “1045 on Fulton Market,” located in Fulton Market District. Fulton Street Companies and Intercontinental Real Estate are co-developers behind the boutique project, having planned over 130,000 square feet of rentable space in the West Loop.
Articles by Jack Crawford
With nearly all of its glazing installed, the 50-story skyscraper at 320 S Canal Street, aka BMO Tower, can now be seen in its final form along the Chicago skyline. Co-developed by Riverside Investment & Development alongside Convexity Properties, the 727-foot-tall behemoth is one of the city’s tallest new structures, let alone office buildings. The structure is situated in West Loop Gate directly south of the iconic Union Station, and is replacing a former parking and retail structure.
A new six-story boutique development is entering its final stages of construction at 1123 W Randolph Street in West Loop‘s Fulton Market District. Planned by Interra Realty, the 69-foot-tall mixed-use edifice is set to provide a combination of retail on the first two-floors and nine apartments on the upper four floors.
With an official groundbreaking ceremony having taken place earlier this month, construction is now underway for a new 21-story mixed-use development at Fulton Market District‘s 166 N Aberdeen Street. This 220-foot-tall edifice planned by MCZ Development will provide 224 apartments atop ground-level retail. There will also be 70 off-street parking spaces and 50 bike spaces included in a ground-level garage. The new construction will replace the now-demolished Fabbri Sausage Factory, and will serve as the second phase of a two-building masterplan. The first stage of this plan was a shorter 11-story mixed-use building that lies directly across Aberdeen and was completed in 2018.
The 16-story bioscience and biotechnology building known as Fulton Labs is approaching completion at 400 N Aberdeen near the northern end of the Fulton Market District. The 275-foot edifice serves as the second installation in the larger Fulton Labs campus plan, the first of which was a 14-story office building several blocks southwest at 1375 W Fulton.