Construction permits have been issued for a new mixed-use development at 1950 W Lawrence Avenue in North Center. The project, owned by Northcenter Loan Acquisition LLC, will replace a single-story commercial building that received a demolition permit on March 14.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the mixed-use development at 1549 N Fremont Street in the Near North Side. Located just south of the intersection with W North Avenue, the currently vacant lot is surrounded by the multi-story Toyota dealership on its two non-street facing sides. Pitched by the previous developer as an Aloft Hotel, the new team from City Pads Chicago is working with local firm NORR Architects on the low-rise building for the 145- by 184-foot site.
Related Midwest has commenced pre-leasing for The Row Fulton Market, a 300-unit, 43-story mixed-use skyscraper at 164 N Peoria Street in West Loop’s Fulton Market district. The leasing center, located at 950 W Fulton Street, is open for appointments, offering potential residents a glimpse of the diverse floor plans, finishes, views, and amenities that await when the building opens its doors in June.
A new retail showroom is coming to the ground floor of 1042 W Fulton Market in West Loop’s Fulton Market District. Set to reside in a five-story building completed in 2020, the showroom will be operated by Kvadrat Inc., a Danish textile company that specializes in high-quality fabrics and design products.
Formal details have been revealed for the new framework plan of the large lot at W 18th Street and S Peoria Street in Pilsen. The 6.3-acre plot is one of the largest left in the neighborhood and has been owned by the city since mid-2022, when it bought it for $12 million from its previous owner PMG Investments LLC. Now the city itself with the Chicago Department of Housing (DOH) is proposing a plan led by AECOM along with local firms UrbanWorks and Koo Architecture, as part of a $1 billion being spent on affordable housing.