Structured Development has received its last remaining foundation permit for its Shops at Big Deahl masterplan. Under the address 1475 N Kingsbury Street, the greenlit 27-story tower will serve as the fourth and final addition to the $250 million scheme, occupying a three-acre parcel in Near North Side‘s Clybourn Avenue corridor.
New walls, signage, and windows can be seen along the exterior of the former Morton Salt Factory in West Town, where developers R2 Companies, Blue Star Properties, and Skydeck have planned an adaptive re-use renovation. This revamped complex at 1357 N Elston Avenue will house a new entertainment venue inside the main shed, as well as supplementary R&D offices for Morton Salt in the old packaging buildings. Other changes include the removal of the east shed, a new one-story access corridor, and a new food stand within the former garage.
Updated details have been revealed for the mixed-use development at 210 N Morgan Street in the West Loop. Located just south of the intersection with W Fulton Street, the new building would replace an empty lot and an existing one-story masonry structure, adding extra density just north of the recently financed 160 N Morgan Street. Developer New Castle is familiar with the West Loop having worked on various other nearby projects and is working with local architecture firm Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture, who recently relocated from their nearby office.
Initial details have been revealed for a mixed-use development at 3831 W Chicago Avenue in Humboldt Park. Located on the corner with N Avers Avenue, the new construction will replace a series of city-owned empty lots and three empty one-story masonry clad industrial buildings the developer now owns. The project is being led by 548 Development, who has worked on various Invest South/West proposals, with local firm Lamar Johnson Collaborative working on its modern design.
Demolition permits have now been issued for a three-story building at 140 N Ashland Avenue in Near West Side, where developer Marquette Companies has planned a 12-story mixed-use building. The to-be-demolished edifice formerly housed the Women’s Treatment Center, which has since relocated as part of a downsizing. Its replacement will integrate with an adjacent 1920s-era brick and limestone building, offering 210 apartments in total.