Construction has finalized for a new four-story building at 4537 N Clark Street in Sheridan Park, located near the intersection with W Wilson Street. The project, led by Longford Construction as both the developer and architect, replaces former one-story and two-story retail buildings. Initially proposed in 2017, the plans have undergone several revisions and experienced a change in ownership, prompted by community feedback.
The mixed-use development at 1131-1135 W Winona Street in Uptown, known as ‘The Sally,’ is progressing with construction already completed for 1135 W Winona Street and facade work underway for 1131 W Winona Street. Developed by Cedar St. Companies, The Sally comprises two five-story buildings, collectively offering 180 units ranging in size from studios to two-bedroom configurations, including 37 affordable residences. This complex represents the second phase of ‘The Draper,’ the initial phase of which houses 342 units and is located just south at 5050 N Broadway.
Foundation work has begun for a 12-story building at 1630 South Wabash Avenue in South Loop, with pilings now being installed. This mixed-use development by CMK Companies, replacing a vacant lot directly east of the CTA tracks, will feature 149 rental units above ground-floor retail. A permit for the foundation and partial superstructure was issued in late October, followed by the issuance of the full permit in early December.
Renderings have been revealed for the mixed-use development at 370 N Carpenter Street in the West Loop. Developer Sterling Bay held a community meeting for the project earlier this week where we received a first look at what the finished product may look like. Sitting on the intersection with W Kinzie Street, the project replaces a small industrial building with a new tower designed by HPA.
With most of the cladding now in place, facade installation continues to progress for a six-story mixed-use building located at 1800 W Berenice Avenue in North Center. The project, managed by Landrosh Development and designed by Sullivan Goulette Wilson Architects, stands 80 feet tall, spans nearly 60,000 square feet, and occupies a 12,191-square-foot site.