The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the mixed-use development at 800 W Lake Street in Fulton Market. Located on the corner with N Halsted Street at the eastern edge of the neighborhood, the project is the latest iteration of proposals for the site that previously held a few commercial buildings. Developers Ascend Real Estate and Intercontinental Real Estate Group are working with GREC Architects on the current design.
Renovation work has made noticeable progress at Canal Station, located at 801 S Canal Street in South Loop. The six-story building now displays orange paint at the intersection of W Polk Street and Canal Street, near the Old Post Office. The property is owned by 601W Companies and is being developed alongside its leasing partner The Telos Group, with SCB overseeing the redesign.
The mixed-use development at 1840 N Marcey Street in Lincoln Park has advanced to be reviewed by the Committee on Zoning. Located west of N Clybourn Avenue and across the river from Lincoln Yards, the proposal will replace a one-story commercial building near the recently announced 2033 N Kingsbury Avenue. Developer Sterling Bay is working with local-firm SCB on its design, adding to all of their other surrounding projects.
The mixed-use development at 1450 N Larrabee Street in Old Town is set to advance to the Committee on Zoning. The wedge-shaped site is bound by the angled portion of N Clybourn Avenue on the west side, with the vacant lot having been the home of the Near North Career Metropolitan High School. The development team is made up of the Chicago Housing Authority, Pennrose Properties, Hunt Companies, Imagine Group, and a Cabrini-Green resident group, with JGMA serving as the architect.