Initial details have been revealed for a mixed-use development at 3831 W Chicago Avenue in Humboldt Park. Located on the corner with N Avers Avenue, the new construction will replace a series of city-owned empty lots and three empty one-story masonry clad industrial buildings the developer now owns. The project is being led by 548 Development, who has worked on various Invest South/West proposals, with local firm Lamar Johnson Collaborative working on its modern design.
Demolition permits have now been issued for a three-story building at 140 N Ashland Avenue in Near West Side, where developer Marquette Companies has planned a 12-story mixed-use building. The to-be-demolished edifice formerly housed the Women’s Treatment Center, which has since relocated as part of a downsizing. Its replacement will integrate with an adjacent 1920s-era brick and limestone building, offering 210 apartments in total.
The Chicago City Council has approved the rezoning for two new high-rises in Fulton Market. The projects are located on opposite ends of the district, with the residential-based 1353 W Fulton Street anchoring the west end of the growing area and 360 N Green Street continuing the string of commercial mixed-use properties along Green Street on the eastern end of the neighborhood. Both towers recently received Plan Commission approval as well.
Construction has surpassed the third floor at 1039-41 W Belmont Avenue, a four-story retail and residential building in Lakeview. The mixed-use structure has been planned by the occupying owner Cumin Restaurant, originally listed as Kathmandu Properties in the issued permit. Prior to construction, the parcel was occupied by a two-story masonry building, which was demolished in 2019.
Developer Sterling Bay has secured financing for its mixed-use development at 160 N Morgan Street in Fulton Market. Located just north of W Randolph Street and next to the CTA Morgan station, the tall tower replaces a now-demolished drive-thru bank that once held a Gucci pop-up shop. Earlier this year Sterling Bay forged a joint venture with Colorado-based real estate private equity firm Ascentris on the project with local firm bKL Architecture working on the modern design.