The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the partial demolition of an existing historical industrial building for an upcoming mixed-use development at 210 N Aberdeen Street in the West Loop. Located just south of the intersection with W Fulton Street, the demolition approval allows the greater high-rise project to proceed forward with its approval process. Developer LG Development Group is working with local firm NORR.
Since December’s countdown update, facade work has reached the finish line for 1045 on Fulton, a 12-story mixed-use development along West Loop‘s Fulton Market corridor. Co-developed by Fulton St. Companies and Intercontinental Real Estate, the 147-foot-tall edifice will be anchored by 6,500 square feet of ground-floor retail, topped by 11 floors and approximately 130,000 square feet of boutique office space. The retail segment will offer 150 feet of frontage along W Fulton Market and its cross street of N Aberdeen Street.
Updated details has been released for a mixed-use development at 170 N Green Street in the West Loop. Located just north of W Randolph Street, the multi-structure project will replace the old Bridgford Foods plant which was vacated in 2020 and is currently being demolished. The joint venture developers of St. Louis-based Clayco’s real estate division CRG and West Loop native Shapack Partners, have tapped the Chicago-based architecture firm Lamar Johnson Collaborative on the new design.
Developer Sterling Bay has announced a partnership for its 160 N Morgan Street mixed-use development in the West Loop. The joint venture will be with Colorado-based real estate private equity firm Ascentris and will see the ground-breaking of the high-rise in the first quarter of 2022. Designed by local firm bKL Architecture on a mid-block lot that once held a drive-thru bank, the demolition of the existing building has begun with site prep expected to commence soon after.
Initial renderings have been revealed for a new mixed-use development at 1200 W Fulton Street in the West Loop. Located on the corner with N Racine Avenue, replacing a parking lot and three existing one-story industrial buildings, the new complex would deliver three structures designed by Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture. Developer Fulton Street Companies is partnering with Waterton, a local landlord company, and Harrison Street Real Estate Capital among others.