The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has granted approval for demolition of the existing structure at 1020 W Randolph Street in the West Loop. Located within Fulton-Randolph Market District, and the northeast corner of W Randolph Street and N Carpenter Street, the demolition of an existing one-story bank with drive-through will make way for the construction of a new five-story building with mechanical enclosure, penthouse, and rooftop deck. The development is being led by L3 Capital.
Initial work has commenced for West Loop‘s 932 W Randolph Street, where L3 Capital is planning the renovation of an existing three-story masonry building, as well as a new three-story addition. YIMBY previously reported a zoning approval for the proposal, which included changing the property’s designation from C1-2 to DX-5. Programming will include retail space at ground level, with office space on the two floors above. The Commission on Chicago Landmarks also deemed that the project and its design would not have an adverse affect on the area’s historical context.
Renovation work is approaching completion for a two-story commercial building at 942 W Randolph Street, located in West Loop. The occupying owner, filed under Michael Bisbee in the project’s renovation permits, is planning to repurpose the former masonry warehouse to a large assembly restaurant, spanning over 14,000 square feet in total. The development will also host a street-facing outdoor patio on the second floor.
Demolition permits have been issued for a pair of low-rise masonry buildings, paving the way for a new 20-story tower at 166 N Aberdeen Street. The building will stretch 220 feet to roof and 241 feet to the parapet, making it one of the taller buildings in West Loop.
Photos show final exterior touches and crane disassembly at 800 W Fulton Market, an 18-story, primarily office development along West Loop‘s booming Fulton Market corridor. Measuring 300 feet in height, the tower was developed by Thor Equities and designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill.