Restoration work nears completion of the Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral located at 1121 N Leavitt Street in Ukrainian Village. The Louis Sullivan-designed historic cathedral was built in 1903 and is one of two houses of worship he did in his time of practice. The roughly $600,000 renovation will keep the cathedral and rectory going for the next 100 years and is being led by the parish with the Commission on Chicago Landmarks.
Commission on Chicago Landmarks
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation for the Monastery of the Holy Cross at 3101 S Aberdeen Street in Bridgeport. Located at the intersection of W 31st Street and S Aberdeen Street, the church structure was formerly the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation for the Muddy Waters House at 4339 S Lake Park Avenue in North Kenwood. Built in 1891, the brick two-flat sits on a traditional Chicago residential lot and is placed midblock between E 43rd Street and E 44th Street.
The Chicago City Council has approved the application for a Class L tax incentive for 208 S LaSalle Street in The Loop. Home to the Continental and Commercial National Bank Building, the site is located along S LaSalle Street, between W Adams Street and W Quincy Street. The Prime Group is the developer behind the application.
The Chicago City Council has approved landmark status for the former Schlitz Brewery-Tied House located at 1393 W Lake Street. Located in the West Loop, the building is placed on a corner lot at the intersection of W Lake Street and the vacated N Loomis Street. The property is just off of N Ogden Avenue.