The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved an Adopt-A-Landmark grant for Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral and Rectory in Ukrainian Village. Addressed at 1121 N Leavitt Street, the church and rectory building are located on a corner lot at the intersection of N Leavitt Street and W Haddon Avenue.
Commission on Chicago Landmarks
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the demolition of structures at 906 and 910 W Fulton Market in Fulton Market. Located at the corner of W Fulton Market and N Peoria Street, the two structures are part of a redevelopment project spanning between 900 and 910 W Fulton Market. Shorewood Development Group is in charge of the project.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has granted approval for demolition of the existing structure at 1020 W Randolph Street in the West Loop. Located within Fulton-Randolph Market District, and the northeast corner of W Randolph Street and N Carpenter Street, the demolition of an existing one-story bank with drive-through will make way for the construction of a new five-story building with mechanical enclosure, penthouse, and rooftop deck. The development is being led by L3 Capital.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the preliminary landmark recommendation for the Halsted-Willow Group. Located in Lincoln Park, the designation includes four buildings located at 1732 N Halsted Street, 1727-1733 N Halsted Street, and 1800 N Halsted Street. These buildings are all placed at the intersection of N Halsted Street and W Willow Street.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation and Class L tax incentive for the Illinois Bell Building. Located at 225 W Randolph Street in The Loop, the tower is located at the intersection of W Randolph Street and N Franklin Street. The tower rises 427 feet over 31 floors, and was constructed in 1965. The building was originally home to the headquarters of its namesake tenant, the Illinois Bell Telephone Company, while most recently home to AT&T offices.