The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation for the Pentecostal Church of Holiness in North Lawndale. Formerly named Our Lady of Lourdes, the church is located at 4208 W 15th Street, at the intersection of W 15th Street and S Keeler Avenue. Originally constructed in 1932, the structure was designed by architect Louis Guenzel.
Commission on Chicago Landmarks
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation for the Morton Salt Warehouse Complex in West Town. Addressed at 1357 N Elston Avenue, the complex is located at the intersection of N Elston Avenue and W Blackhawk Street. The eastern edge of the site is along the northern branch of the Chicago River. Blue Star Properties and R2 Companies are the developers and owners behind the complex.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved a preliminary landmark recommendation for the former Schlitz Brewery-Tied House located at 1393 W Lake Street. Located in the West Loop, the building is placed on a corner lot at the intersection of W Lake Street and the vacated N Loomis Street. The property is just off of N Ogden Avenue.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved an Adopt-A-Landmark Grant for the Norwegian Lutheran Memorial Church of Chicago. Located at 2614 N Kedzie Avenue in Logan Square, the historic church is located between W Wrightwood Avenue and N Milwaukee Avenue overlooking Logan Square Park.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks (CCL) has approved the application for a Class L tax incentive for 208 S LaSalle Street in The Loop. Home to the Continental and Commercial National Bank Building, the site is located along S LaSalle Street, between W Adams Street and W Quincy Street. The Prime Group is the developer behind the application.