Commission on Chicago Landmarks


513 W Fullerton Avenue. Image by CCL

Landmarks Commission Reviews Redevelopment At 513 W Fullerton Avenue In Lincoln Park

Developer Henry Street Partners, LLC has applied for a redevelopment permit of the Cenacle Retreat and Conference Center at 513 W Fullerton Avenue in Lincoln Park. The application came to the Commission on Chicago Landmarks as the existing complex stands inside of the Mid-North Landmark District, which was created in 1974 to protect the various 19th century buildings in the area.

Read More

Restoration Work Nears Completion Of Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral In Ukrainian Village

Restoration work nears completion of the Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral located at 1121 N Leavitt Street in Ukrainian Village. The Louis Sullivan-designed historic cathedral was built in 1903 and is one of two houses of worship he did in his time of practice. The roughly $600,000 renovation will keep the cathedral and rectory going for the next 100 years and is being led by the parish with the Commission on Chicago Landmarks.

Read More



Fetching more...