Restoration work nears completion of the Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral located at 1121 N Leavitt Street in Ukrainian Village. The Louis Sullivan-designed historic cathedral was built in 1903 and is one of two houses of worship he did in his time of practice. The roughly $600,000 renovation will keep the cathedral and rectory going for the next 100 years and is being led by the parish with the Commission on Chicago Landmarks.
Construction permits have been issued for a three-story residential building set for 2044 W Rice Street in West Town‘s Ukrainian Village. Filed under Alverna Group LLC, the new development will feature two total residences, a basement, rooftop deck, and a two-car garage with its own separate rooftop deck. The new structure is set to replace a two-story gabled masonry residence and a detached garage.
Renovation permits have been issued for 2122 W Iowa Street, a three-story residential building located at 2122 W Iowa Street in Ukrainian Village. The building currently houses three condominium units, and is filed under Devin Rapson as the listed owner and general contractor. Under the new plans, a three-story addition and a rear-wood deck will be added, in addition to interior renovations on the second and third floors. The condominium units will also be reconverted as apartments.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved an Adopt-A-Landmark grant for Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral and Rectory in Ukrainian Village. Addressed at 1121 N Leavitt Street, the church and rectory building are located on a corner lot at the intersection of N Leavitt Street and W Haddon Avenue.