The Chicago City Council has approved the application for a Class L tax incentive for 208 S LaSalle Street in The Loop. Home to the Continental and Commercial National Bank Building, the site is located along S LaSalle Street, between W Adams Street and W Quincy Street. The Prime Group is the developer behind the application.
Commission on Chicago Landmarks
The Chicago City Council has approved landmark status for the former Schlitz Brewery-Tied House located at 1393 W Lake Street. Located in the West Loop, the building is placed on a corner lot at the intersection of W Lake Street and the vacated N Loomis Street. The property is just off of N Ogden Avenue.
The Chicago City Council has approved the mixed-use development proposed at 210 N Aberdeen Street in the West Loop. Consisting of an irregularly-shaped site, the property consists of an empty lot at the intersection of W Lake Street and N Aberdeen Street, the historic Arthur Harris Building along N Aberdeen Street located in the Fulton-Randolph Market Historic District, and a few one-story masonry buildings behind Arthur Harris fronting N May Street. LG Development Group is the developer behind the proposal.
The Permit Review Committee, a subcommittee of the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, has approved updated plans for a mixed-use development at 917 W Fulton Market in Fulton Market. The rectangular site spans along N Sangamon Street from W Fulton Market to W Lake Street. The project scope also includes an existing warehouse building at 900 W Lake Street. Fulton Street Companies is the developer behind the proposal.
The Chicago City Council has approved the landmark designation of the Morton Salt Warehouse Complex in West Town. Addressed at 1357 N Elston Avenue, the complex is located at the intersection of N Elston Avenue and W Blackhawk Street. The eastern edge of the site is along the northern branch of the Chicago River. Blue Star Properties and R2 Companies are the developers and owners behind the complex.