The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the preliminary landmark recommendation for the Morton Salt Warehouse Complex in West Town. Addressed at 1357 N Elston Avenue, the complex is located at the intersection of N Elston Avenue and W Blackhawk Street. The eastern edge of the site is along the northern branch of the Chicago River. Blue Star Properties and R2 Companies are the developers and owners behind the complex.
Commission on Chicago Landmarks
The Chicago City Council has approved the landmark status and Class L tax incentive for the Illinois Bell Building. Located at 225 W Randolph Street in The Loop, the tower is located at the intersection of W Randolph Street and N Franklin Street. The tower rises 427 feet over 31 floors, and was constructed in 1965. The building was originally home to the headquarters of its namesake tenant, the Illinois Bell Telephone Company, while most recently home to AT&T offices.
Chicago City Council has approved the landmark status for the Emmett Till and Mamie Till-Mobley House. Located at 6427 S St. Lawrence Avenue, the two-story home sits on a typical Chicago lot along S St. Lawrence Avenue between E 64th Street and E 65th Street in the West Woodlawn neighborhood.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved an Adopt-A-Landmark grant for Pilgrim Baptist Church in Bronzeville. Located at 3301 S Indiana Avenue, the church is sited at the intersection of S Indiana Avenue and E 33rd Street. Originally built as a synagogue by Adler & Sullivan in 1891, the church was destroyed by fire in 2006, with only the stone exterior walls remaining. The structure was designated as a Chicago landmark in 1981.
The Permit Review Committee, a subcommittee of the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, has approved plans for a 13-story mixed-use development at 311 N Sangamon Street and 310 N Peoria Street in Fulton Market. Located in the northeastern section of the Fulton-Randolph Market District, the site consists of two adjacent properties along W Wayman Street, between N Sangamon Street and N Peoria Street. Marc Realty and investor Relu Stan are behind the development.