The Permit Review Committee, a secondary committee for the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, has approved the new development at 1810 N Wells Street in Old Town Triangle. The site is located on an interior lot along N Wells Street, between N Lincoln Avenue and W Menomonee Street. The 22, 36, and 73 CTA Routes can be accessed at the Clark and Lincoln bus stop, within a one-minute walk away. The Sedgwick CTA L station, serviced by the Brown and Purple Lines, is an 11-minute walk away. Chicago Development Partners is the developer behind the project.
Articles by Lukas Kugler
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the new Chicago Park District headquarters at 4830 S Western Avenue in Brighton Park. Located on a vacant lot, the development will fill up an entire block bounded by W 48th Street to the north, S Western Avenue to the east, the CTA Orange Line tracks to the south, and S Rockwell Street to the west. The Western CTA L station, serviced by the Orange Line, can be accessed at the southeast corner of the site.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a new four-story mixed-use development at 2317 N Clark Street in Lincoln Park. Located on an interior lot, the project will sit between W Fullerton Parkway and W Belden Avenue. The CTA 22 and 36 Routes can be accessed at the Clark and Belden bus stop, within steps of the site. The Fullerton CTA L station, serviced by the Red, Purple, and Brown Lines, is accessible via a 15-minute walk. 2300 Clark Development LLC is in charge of the development of the project.
YIMBY recently stopped by the site of Tribune East Tower, the newly approved supertall that will become Chicago’s second tallest building. Tribune East is part of the Tribune Tower redevelopment project, which includes the conversion of the original Tribune Tower into 162 condominium units. Developers CIM Group and Golub & Company are leading the development of the $700 million structure that will replace a surface parking lot originally used by Chicago Tribune employees.
The Zoning Board of Appeals has approved the zoning for a five-story residential building at 1500 N Wieland Street in Old Town. The project is located on an interior lot along N Wieland Street between W North Avenue and W Schiller Street. The Sedgwick CTA L station, serviced by the Brown and Purple Lines, is a six-minute walk away. Nader and Juan Hindo of 1458 N Wieland LLC are in charge of the development.