Sterling Bay, the developers behind Lincoln Yards, recently shared an update with community members about the status of development at the site. The new Dominick Bridge plus the Life Sciences Building are planned to break ground this year. Planned for the southern half of the site, dubbed Lincoln Yards South, the two projects will be the first new construction for the overall mega-development.
Articles by Lukas Kugler
The proposed zoning has been approved for a residential development at 955 W 115th Street in West Pullman. Located along W 115th Street, the site is currently a vacant lot spanning from S Morgan Street to the Major Taylor Trail. Habitat for Humanity Chicago is behind the development.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved an Adopt-A-Landmark grant for Pilgrim Baptist Church in Bronzeville. Located at 3301 S Indiana Avenue, the church is sited at the intersection of S Indiana Avenue and E 33rd Street. Originally built as a synagogue by Adler & Sullivan in 1891, the church was destroyed by fire in 2006, with only the stone exterior walls remaining. The structure was designated as a Chicago landmark in 1981.
The Permit Review Committee, a subcommittee of the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, has approved plans for a 13-story mixed-use development at 311 N Sangamon Street and 310 N Peoria Street in Fulton Market. Located in the northeastern section of the Fulton-Randolph Market District, the site consists of two adjacent properties along W Wayman Street, between N Sangamon Street and N Peoria Street. Marc Realty and investor Relu Stan are behind the development.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved an Adopt-A-Landmark grant for Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral and Rectory in Ukrainian Village. Addressed at 1121 N Leavitt Street, the church and rectory building are located on a corner lot at the intersection of N Leavitt Street and W Haddon Avenue.