Groundbreaking is expected to occur this fall after the Chicago City Council has approved the revised design for 1000M, a long-planned residential skyscraper at 1000 S Michigan Avenue in South Loop. Fronting S Michigan Avenue, the project site is an infill site between E 9th Street and E 11 Street. Currently a stalled construction site, the development already has caissons in the ground. Time Equities and JK Equities are the developers behind the project.
Articles by Lukas Kugler
The Chicago City Council has approved a mixed-use development at 1838 N Elston Avenue in Bucktown. Located on a midblock site, the property is bounded by a one-story commercial building to the north, N Elston Avenue to the east, a two-story commercial structure to the south, and N Besly Court to the west. The Lincoln Yards development is located across the street to the east, while the Kennedy Expressway is nearby to the west. The property currently holds a one-story commercial building. JAB Real Estate is the developer behind the proposal.
The Permit Review Committee, a subcommittee of the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, has approved updated plans for a mixed-use development at 917 W Fulton Market in Fulton Market. The rectangular site spans along N Sangamon Street from W Fulton Market to W Lake Street. The project scope also includes an existing warehouse building at 900 W Lake Street. Fulton Street Companies is the developer behind the proposal.
Renderings have been revealed for a proposed residential development at 2046 W Irving Park Road in North Center. Fronting W Irving Park Road, the midblock site is located between N Hoyne Avenue and N Lincoln Avenue. The property is currently occupied by a vacant two-unit apartment residence. Campbell Street Asset Management is the developer behind the proposal.
The Chicago City Council has approved the landmark designation of the Morton Salt Warehouse Complex in West Town. Addressed at 1357 N Elston Avenue, the complex is located at the intersection of N Elston Avenue and W Blackhawk Street. The eastern edge of the site is along the northern branch of the Chicago River. Blue Star Properties and R2 Companies are the developers and owners behind the complex.