The Community Development Commission has approved the request to advertise and issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the purchase and redevelopment of the properties located at 4300 W Roosevelt Road and 4301 W Fifth Avenue in North Lawndale. These lots are located in the Roosevelt/Cicero TIF Redevelopment Project Area, a 531-acre site characterized by industrial buildings and vacant industrial land.
Articles by Lukas Kugler
Permits have been issued for a three-story residential building at 2716 S Emerald Avenue in Bridgeport. The project site is located on an interior lot along S Emerald Avenue, between W 26th Street and W 28th Street. The nearest public transportation is the 8 CTA bus accessed at the Halsted and 28th stop within a two-minute walk. The Halsted CTA L station, serviced by the Orange Line, is less than a ten-minute walk. Shan Lu is listed as the owner behind the applications, reporting a development cost of $450,000.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has granted approval for the demolition of the existing buildings located at 4601-11 N Broadway and 4613-17 N Broadway, paving the way for a new development at 4601 N Broadway. Located on a corner site at the intersection of N Broadway and W Wilson Avenue, the project is a transit-oriented development sitting across the street from the newly renovated Wilson CTA L station, serviced by the Red Line.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the proposed renovation of a three-story structure at 1460 N Milwaukee Avenue in Wicker Park. The building sits on an interior lot along N Milwaukee Avenue between W Evergreen Avenue and N Honore Street. The site is a five-minute walk from the Damen CTA L Station, serviced by the Blue Line. Benjamin Neikrug of 1450 N. Michigan LLC is listed as the owner behind the application.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the development of a new mixed-use building at 1140 W Erie Street in West Town. The eight-story tower will rise 108 feet tall. Located at 1140 W Erie Street, the structure will sit on a triangular site bound by N Ogden Avenue to the northwest, W Erie Street to the south, and N May Street to the northeast. A transit-oriented property is a six-minute walk to the Chicago CTA L station, serviced by the Blue Line. The site is also in close proximity to multiple CTA bus routes. Bond Companies is the developer in charge of the project.