In West Loop Gate, two office buildings located at 10 and 120 S Riverside Plaza continue to undergo renovations as part of a larger repositioning project. These two structures, each rising 21 stories, collectively offer 1.4 million square feet of space with 37,000-square-foot floor plates. With SOM as the original architect behind both structures, 10 S Riverside Plaza was constructed in 1965, while 120 S Riverside Plaza was completed in 1967.
The Chicago City Council has approved the selling of land for the upcoming commercial development at 4731 S Cottage Grove Avenue in Grand Boulevard. Dubbed ‘The Grove Bronzeville’, the new project would replace an empty lot bound by E 47th Place to the north and E48th Street to the south. The project is being led by developers Millhouse and Syzygy Cities with Krueck Sexton Partners working on its design.
Since our last update this past September, the facade has been fully installed for a three-story, 74-foot-tall commercial building at 151 N Michigan Avenue in the New Eastside neighborhood. The project, developed by BJB Partners, is set to replace a former single-story restaurant, offering 15,000 square feet of new commercial space.
Structural work has filled out for a new Aldi grocery store at 3930 N Kilpatrick Avenue in Portage Park. This commercial project transforms a vacant lot into a single-story venue with 21,000 square feet of retail space.
With demolition now complete and a full permit issued this past September, the planned commercial building at 1323 S Ashland Avenue in Near West Side is currently awaiting foundation work to begin. The property, developed by 4S Bay Partners, was previously occupied by the St. Stephenson Missionary Baptist Church. Designed by BauerLatoza Studio, the replacing building features a modern metal and glass exterior with distinct, color-varied cylindrical sections.