Renderings have been revealed for a proposed mixed-use development at 3601 N Ravenswood Avenue in Lake View. Located at the intersection of Ravenswood Avenue and W Addison Street, the corner lot is currently home to multiple structures. A retail strip center faces W Addison Street and holds three occupied commercial units while two multifamily residential structures face N Ravenswood Avenue, north of the retail center. Macon Construction Group and Stocking Urban are the developers behind the project.
Articles by Lukas Kugler
Renderings have been revealed for a rebuilt State/Lake CTA L Station in The Loop. Located at the intersection of W Lake Street and N State Street, the station connects numerous CTA L Lines including the Green, Brown, Purple, Orange, and Pink Lines. Connections to the Red Line and multiple bus lines are also possible at this location. Built for the Chicago Transit Authority, the CTA is collaborating with the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) on the project.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the demolition of Cenacle Convent at 513 W Fullerton Avenue in Lincoln Park. Located on an irregular parcel, the site is set back onto the interior of a block, fronting W Fullerton Avenue, N Cleveland Avenue, and N Cambridge Avenue. The property is located inside the Mid-North Historic District.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation for the former Schlitz Brewery-Tied House located at 1393 W Lake Street. Located in the West Loop, the building is placed on a corner lot at the intersection of W Lake Street and the vacated N Loomis Street. The property is just off of N Ogden Avenue.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the preliminary landmark recommendation for the Muddy Waters House at 4339 S Lake Park Avenue in North Kenwood. Built in 1891, the brick two-flat sits on a traditional Chicago residential lot and is placed midblock between E 43rd Street and E 44th Street.