Both interior and exterior work is currently underway for the adaptive reuse of the 13-story Bridgeview Bank Building, located at 4753 N Broadway Avenue in Uptown. Previously known as the Sheridan Bank and Trust Building, the classically-styled structure was initially built at eight stories in 1925 before four additional floors were constructed in 1928. In 2007, the structure received landmark designation, before it was bought by Cedar St. Companies for $19 million in 2019.
The Permit Review Committee, a subcommittee of the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, has approved updated plans for a mixed-use development at 917 W Fulton Market in Fulton Market. The rectangular site spans along N Sangamon Street from W Fulton Market to W Lake Street. The project scope also includes an existing warehouse building at 900 W Lake Street. Fulton Street Companies is the developer behind the proposal.
Last week, One Chicago celebrated the topping out of its taller east tower, marking a key milestone in JDL‘s River North megadevelopment. Spanning 2.2 million square feet, the mixed-use project comprises of two glassy residential towers atop a central podium. The shorter west tower rises 49 stories and 574 feet, while its eastern neighbor stretches 76 stories and 971 feet in height.
Facade restoration is making headway for the 24-story Old Republic Building, located at 307 N Michigan Avenue in The Loop. The 325-foot-tall Classic Revival office tower was designed by Vitzthum & Burns and opened in 1924 along the newly-widened Michigan Avenue.
Glass installation has wrapped up for Trammell Crow Company‘s 16-story Fulton Labs at 400 N Aberdeen Street in Fulton Market. Developed in partnership with Zoë Life Sciences, the new 275-foot-tall edifice will serve as the second addition to the West Loop biotechnology campus known as Fulton Labs.