Last month, YIMBY reported that the 16-story office building at 400 N Aberdeen Street, dubbed “Fulton Labs,” had received its initial demolition permits. This past week, full construction permits were issued for the project, with foundation and structural work likely to begin this fall.
Recent photos show work being wrapped up on the conversion of The Loop‘s Marshall Field & Company building at 24 E Washington Street. When complete it will house new office space in the top six levels of its 13 floors.
A new development at 932 W Randolph Street in the West Loop has been approved by the Commission on Chicago Landmarks. Located within Fulton-Randolph Market District, at the northwest corner of W Randolph Street and N Sangamon Street, the project is led by L3 Capital and will redevelop an existing three-story structure.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks (CCL) has granted approval to a new building at 1020 W Randolph Street in the West Loop. Located within Fulton-Randolph Market District, and the northeast corner of W Randolph Street and N Carpenter Street, the development looks to demolish a one-story bank with drive-through and construct a new five-story structure with mechanical enclosure, penthouse, and rooftop deck. The project is being led by L3 Capital, who will also be applying for a zoning ordinance for the site.
Photos taken yesterday show construction mockups and other equipment on the site of Fulton Market‘s 345 N Morgan Street, in preparation of the future 11-story office building. The structure will replace a previously-demolished single-story commercial building, adding 230,000 square feet of total floor space to the pool of new office developments rising in the West Loop neighborhood.