The 12-story mixed-use development known as 1045 on Fulton Market hit a key milestone this past week when its first facade pieces were installed. At 150,000 square feet, the boutique Fulton Market building at 1045 W Fulton Market offers ground-level retail, with office floor plates above ranging in size from 14,000 to 10,000 square feet. Both buildings have been co-developed by Fulton Street Companies and Intercontinental Real Estate.
Both interior and exterior work is currently underway for the adaptive reuse of the 13-story Bridgeview Bank Building, located at 4753 N Broadway Avenue in Uptown. Previously known as the Sheridan Bank and Trust Building, the classically-styled structure was initially built at eight stories in 1925 before four additional floors were constructed in 1928. In 2007, the structure received landmark designation, before it was bought by Cedar St. Companies for $19 million in 2019.
The Permit Review Committee, a subcommittee of the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, has approved updated plans for a mixed-use development at 917 W Fulton Market in Fulton Market. The rectangular site spans along N Sangamon Street from W Fulton Market to W Lake Street. The project scope also includes an existing warehouse building at 900 W Lake Street. Fulton Street Companies is the developer behind the proposal.
Last week, One Chicago celebrated the topping out of its taller east tower, marking a key milestone in JDL‘s River North megadevelopment. Spanning 2.2 million square feet, the mixed-use project comprises of two glassy residential towers atop a central podium. The shorter west tower rises 49 stories and 574 feet, while its eastern neighbor stretches 76 stories and 971 feet in height.
Facade restoration is making headway for the 24-story Old Republic Building, located at 307 N Michigan Avenue in The Loop. The 325-foot-tall Classic Revival office tower was designed by Vitzthum & Burns and opened in 1924 along the newly-widened Michigan Avenue.