Glass, metal, and brick continues to envelope the 12-story mixed-use building known as 1045 on Fulton Market currently underway in West Loop‘s Fulton Market District. The 150,000-square-foot development, planned by Fulton Street Companies alongside Intercontinental Real Estate is set to house a combination of ground-level retail and office space on the upper floors. The new structure, officially addressed as 1045 W Fulton Market, is replacing a former parking lot and single-story masonry building.
The boutique offices will feature floor plates ranging between 10,000 and 14,000 square feet, as well as floor-to-ceiling windows, touchless technology, and MERV-15 air filtration. The ninth floor will also be occupied by a ninth-story amenity deck with an indoor/outdoor lounge area.
Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture is the architect behind the 147-foot-tall edifice, which takes on a hybrid aesthetic to reflect the industrial appearance of the surrounding neighborhood while emphasizing its modernity. The lower eight floors are wrapped in red face brick, and include expansive loft-styled windows with dark metal trimming. The remaining four floors are set back to provide space for the amenity deck. A glass and aluminum glazing also rises along the rear of the building and fully envelopes these remaining four floors. According to a LinkedIn post by the exclusive broker, Madison Rose, 70 percent of the facade’s surface area is glazing, while the remaining 30 percent is masonry.
Off-street parking will comprise of 35 spaces in an integrated garage. Additional bus transportation can be found for Route 8, with multiple stops within an eight-minute walk along Halsted Street. CTA L train service is also available for the Green and Pink Lines, both located a four-minute walk southeast to Morgan station. Slightly further is the Blue Line, with service at Grand station via a 13-minute walk northeast.
1045 on Fulton is one of the latest developments to contribute to the Fulton Market corridor’s ever-increasing densification. This rapid development has come primarily in the form of new office and retail structures, transforming the area into one of Chicago’s central business hubs.
Power Construction is serving as the the general contractor, with work expected to complete before the end of this year.