The Community Development Commission has approved a ground lease for the Boys and Girls Club of Chicago at 4433 W Chicago Avenue in Humboldt Park. Located along W Chicago Avenue, the property is midblock between N Kostner Avenue and N Kilbourn Avenue. Measuring 30,000 square feet, the site is within the 30-acre Joint Public Safety Training Academy. The Boys and Girls Club of Chicago are behind the proposal.
Chicago City Council
The Community Development Commission has approved $5 million in TIF money for 43Green, a mixed-use development located at 4308 S Calumet Avenue in Bronzeville. Located at the intersection of E 43rd Street and S Calumet Avenue, the project site is a vacant lot adjacent to the CTA Green Line tracks. The development is a result of the collaboration between The Habitat Company and P3 Markets.
Renderings have been revealed for a proposed mixed-use development at 3601 N Ravenswood Avenue in Lake View. Located at the intersection of Ravenswood Avenue and W Addison Street, the corner lot is currently home to multiple structures. A retail strip center faces W Addison Street and holds three occupied commercial units while two multifamily residential structures face N Ravenswood Avenue, north of the retail center. Macon Construction Group and Stocking Urban are the developers behind the project.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation for the former Schlitz Brewery-Tied House located at 1393 W Lake Street. Located in the West Loop, the building is placed on a corner lot at the intersection of W Lake Street and the vacated N Loomis Street. The property is just off of N Ogden Avenue.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the preliminary landmark recommendation for the Muddy Waters House at 4339 S Lake Park Avenue in North Kenwood. Built in 1891, the brick two-flat sits on a traditional Chicago residential lot and is placed midblock between E 43rd Street and E 44th Street.